Prodocencia's friends

Prodocencia's friends

quinta-feira, 1 de maio de 2008

Pre -Teaching Training Course

Following our PTTC meetings on Fridays afternoon, on April 25 we received professor Graça talking about Cultures all over the world. We have discussed about habits, the way of how society behaves. She told us the history of languages used in the past, like Latin, and French besides Portuguese and the way some languages tend to disappear through time. She also pointed out the importance of learning the English language nowadays,language used in the USA, mainly because of the economical power of that country.
According to recent date, 45% of the population in the world speak English. Professor Graça said that there is a very famous motto that says: "If you know English the world will be yours" , and asked : Is it correct or it seems to be an insulting?
After a long conversation about this subject she gave us some English Patterns Practices and made us to feel the importance of teaching Grammar associated with exercises and texts. We've made a lot of exercises adopting the repetition method and at the end of the lecture we were told to prepare an English lass.

2 comentários:

Marcelo Maciel de Almeida disse...

Hello, Cléo!
I can see we have something in common apart from the fact we both teach English. You also like Enya. I'm addicted to her. I love listening to her stunning voice and seeing her wonderful images. By the way, I have sll her albums, the DVD "Enya Collection" and loads of music sheets I use to play the piano.

Congratulations on your blog. We have some common discussion over some features. I guess you have a list of the activities Alessandra used, don't you?
By the way, I'm adding you to my blog.

Nice to be in touch with you!

My best regards!

Marcelo Maciel de Almeida disse...

Oh, I forgot to post it.
This is me playing Enya's Willows on the Water.

See you soon! We have a video to make LOL